Intrusion Detection Alarm Systems
- Published el: 09/12/2020
High-value properties need to be protected from potential theft or destruction.
Some homes are equipped with alarm systems that can detect burglars, notify authorities when illegal entry occurs, and even warn homeowners when their homes are under fire.
Such measures are necessary to ensure the integrity of homes and the safety of their owners.
Why should you have a security alarm system?
Having a security alarm system reduces the chances of theft. Even if an alarm system does not prevent burglars from entering your home, it can cause burglars to spend less time indoors.
What should a security alarm system include?
Most systems have a combination of door and window contacts and motion sensors.
It is best that all potential exterior entry points have contacts that detect when they are open. Glassbreak sensors are also available and recommended.
Motion sensors should not be used as the primary means of detection as they do not detect someone's presence until they are inside the home.
The basic elements of a standard home security system include:
- Control panel: This is where the system wiring ends, where the spare battery is located and where it connects to the telephone lines in case it was a monitored system.
- Numeric keypad: This is where the system is activated and deactivated.
- Internal motion detector: These detectors sense changes in a room caused by human presence. Special motion detectors are available for those who have pets.
- Contacts for doors and windows :; The contacts activate the alarm when the door or window is opened (and the system is working).
- Central Monitoring and Response Station: If the system is monitored, and the alarm is activated, the control panel sends a message to a central monitoring station, which operates 24 hours a day.
- After attempting to contact the owner or representative of the home or premises, the central monitoring station will contact the police, fire department or doctors.
Additional items that can be added to the basic system:
- Smoke detectors
- Glass break detectors
- Alarm buttons
- Closed circuit TV that allows monitoring and / or recording inside and outside the place.